New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

We improvise, that's what we do. 


I was at dinner tonight with my sons and dad and I noticed two women having drinks at the table immediately next to ours.  I wasn't "checking them out" (Angela). From where I was sitting, my choices were; dudes basejumping on ESPN, my youngest making fart noises, or these two stylish women and their eyeglasses.

As the meal was winding down, I knew this was a perfect chance to "drop some knowledge" on them. I opened my wallet looking for a couple of my kick-ass GlassyEyes cards -- and was greeted by a distinct lack of the exact thing I was looking for

No need to worry, I have some in the car! 

Strike two, what's a guy to do? Bag it? That's what the old Ira would have done. Not the new, improved Ira.

I tore the receipt in two pieces and created some magic -- as you can clearly see in the high-end cellphone photo above.

It's quite possible that they'll deposit their gum in them at the end of the night, but maybe not. One of them said she was looking to get some new glasses. Perhaps I just saved her $300 in that one semi-awkward moment.

I challenge you to do the same. I'll even help with a fist full of cards (of the kick-ass variety) if you send me your address! 

Approaching women in a restaurant/bar... where was this "skill" hiding back in the early nineties?

NOTE TO SELF: Load up on a fresh stack of cards for the car.



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

5 comments:

At November 13, 2008 at 10:05 AM Anonymous said...

I work as a guest artist for many colleges and universities around the country. I am constantly telling folks about this site. Currently I have 6 pairs of glasses I switch between. (is the excessive?)
Thom

 
At November 13, 2008 at 11:26 AM Ira said...

@Thom,

Not when you have about 25 pairs -- it doesn't. I'm wearing the sixth different pair this week already.

 
At November 13, 2008 at 12:46 PM Anonymous said...

I have told so many people about your site now!

Every time someone comments on my glasses, I pass it on. (I love it when they compliment my $9 frames!)

- Seana

 
At November 13, 2008 at 2:13 PM Ira said...

@seana,

Send me your address and I'll get you some cards to hand out!

Thanks!

 
At November 13, 2008 at 6:24 PM Brianala said...

Email sent! The people I work with are jealous every time I come in with a new pair of glasses. I tell everyone I know about your site. Glad to help spread the word!

 

Post a Comment