New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!


AFTER!



before...

See and share more great shots of Torley and others in the GlassyEyes flickr group.
Torley, who you may recognize -- at least in name -- from Linden Lab's amazing Second Life, needed some glasses. I mean he really *needed* some new glasses (see "before...").

Unable to see particularly well and in need of a new look, he, like I a year previously, went to buy some new glasses at a traditional eyeglasses outlet. After picking himself up off the floor when seeing the price, his mind took him to the internet.

A thoughtful and well-written piece was spawned from this experience. Here are a few of the highlights:

My gosh, "There's got to be a better way!" I tensely exclaimed to myself, and it's within those tense self-exclamations that I rationalize, "You can buy a lot of things through the Internet for cheap!"


At this point he found the 43Folders article by our friend, Matt. And through that connection, us.

I figured, "If this goes bad, I don't have a big hole in my wallet, and if this goes well, I've triumphed in my experiment!" (I like to run experiments ordering things off the Internet.)


We're kindred spirits in this regard, Torley (no way am I going to pay $60 for a used Airport Card for 6 year-old iMac).

I tried them on right away, bounded up the stairs, and approached my wife like a crocodile snakes towards a baby duck, only friendlier. She noticed with much kittenish excitement (I love this "wavy arm" thing she does), and likes them a lot more.


Torley picked up style #18385 at Goggles4U and looks great (and happy!) in them.

DON'T hesitate. DO read the full story here.

post to del.icio.us del.icio.us | post to digg digg | post to reddit reddit



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

2 comments:

At December 30, 2007 at 5:38 PM ▓▒░ TORLEY ░▒▓ said...

Gosh, thanx Ira! You and fellow story-submitters turned me on to the possibilities of affordable eyewear, and I'm definitely not looking back. Or maybe I will, but it'll be with a confident vibe — instead of feeling the sting of paying too much! Keep up the excellentness! :)

 
At April 3, 2008 at 9:41 PM Unknown said...

Thanks for all the awesome tips on how to get affordable specs.

I'm wondering if anyone has looked for sites that stock more funky styles that have similar markdowns on their glasses. I'm not even expecting the same prices -- I'd be happy to pay more than $40 or $50, but even 100-200 would be a steal for the right stylish glasses.

 

Post a Comment