New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

[Ed. Note: This is #4 in the "Glasses Stories" series. Melissa is wearing, holding and supporting her eight pair of glasses from various online retailers.]

Months ago, my husband said "Hey! I saw a thing on boingboing today that might interest you." $25 and 3 weeks later, I had a great new pair of glasses from Goggles4U. I ordered another pair from 39 Dollar Glasses, and was just as happy. And for a while, that was enough. But the lure of perfect frames was strong. I now have 8 pairs of regular glasses and 2 pairs of sunglasses. Every time someone compliments me on my frames (and it happens often) I say "I bought them online." The person is usually interested and skeptical, so I explain, mention the low cost, and tell them about Ira's blog.

Thanks, Melissa!


post to del.icio.us del.icio.us | post to digg digg | post to reddit reddit



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

3 comments:

At November 13, 2007 at 8:25 AM Kathy Howe said...

I am completely and totally envious of Melissa's collection of glasses!!! I own three pair, all purchased at retail outlets. (boo, hiss) When I first found this site I promptly got a copy of my prescription, took all my eyeball measurements and attempted to purchase glasses online. Each time I was met with some message that my prescription wouldn't work with the frames. Feh. So disappointing. I love wearing glasses and like having a selection of fun frames to choose from each morning. I would be OH! SO! HAPPY! purchasing online if I could just figure out why my attempts to make online purchases aren't working.

 
At November 13, 2007 at 9:36 AM Ira said...

@kathy,

Head over to the GlassyEyes forums and post your prescription information. I'm thinking you're possibly getting hung up on your optometrist's shorthand.

 
At November 13, 2007 at 11:58 AM Kathy Howe said...

Will do! Thanks for the suggestion!!

 

Post a Comment