New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

Specs On The Net, a site I really appreciated not more than a month ago is having a number of rather serious difficulties, including:

  • Bouncing email (thanks "Binky"!).
  • Server errors on Log In.
  • An expired SSL Certificate (I notified them of this on 12/30/2006).
  • Extreme slowness.
I assume they are experiencing growing pains of some sort, but for the time being, you'll be risking it to give them your credit card -- not secure.

I hope to provide an update on this soon.



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

4 comments:

At January 29, 2007 at 8:22 PM Anonymous said...

I have been trying to buy the glasses you got from there for weeks I can't get through on the phone (probably my fault) but they seem to have no interest in anwsering my emails.

 
At February 1, 2007 at 9:47 AM Anonymous said...

Off topic but...
I recently ordered from Goggles4u and had a very easy time of it. Nice website though I can't see what the glasses look like on various faces like other sites.
Ordered on Jan. 25th. Says glasses shipped on the 28th.
I'll let you know when they arrive.

The site says linkers get a kickback discount so hope my clicking through gives you credit.

 
At February 17, 2007 at 3:36 AM Mike said...

While I haven't personally bought any new glasses yet, (finding time for the eye exam..oh what joy) but to clarify one thing about your post: even though the SSL certificate expired, that only means as much as "we, verisign have said that your validity will expire at this date, so we can get more money from you". If it still passes muster in terms of IP and is still recognised as being a valid publisher and at one point was a 'current' company in verisign's eyes, there's really not much difference, as the connection is still being carried over secure sockets (SSL)

Just my $0.02, and thanks for enlightening me to this new world of saving massive moolah.

Mike

 
At September 15, 2007 at 4:52 PM Anonymous said...

My wife has a fault with frames supplied by specsonthenet.

No reply to e-mail. Returns section of the site not working. Unable to get through on the phone.

Poor, poor customer service.

 

Post a Comment