New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

I posted a few days ago about trying eyeglasses online. Perhaps you read it? Seriously... go read it.

Anyway, after posting it, I realized my mug was plastered on the site about 30 times. I'm not much of a looker, and the glassyeyes group on Flickr hasn't taken off as I'd like it too, so I figured it might need a jump start.

Seems like it might be time for a contest. It's simple, free and best of all FUN!

It's the 2007 GLASSYEYES GROUNDHOG DAY PHOTO CONTEST!

Here are the rules:

  1. Find one of the applications for trying on eyeglasses online listed in this post (if you still haven't read it, I'm starting to question your resolve).
  2. Upload your photo.
  3. Try on some eyeglasses.
  4. Take a screen capture of the picture, crop it so we don't have to wade through all of the extra stuff.
  5. Upload the images to your Flickr account (Create a Flickr account for yourself, if you don't have one already -- it's quick and painless).
  6. Tag your uploads with "glassyeyes-contest1" (if you're not sure what this means, you will after you create an account).
  7. Describe it.
  8. Upload it to the "glassyeyes" group on Flickr.
  9. Relax and wait for the results.
There are no bonuses for purchasing anything, although a good "before the order/after they arrive" shot certainly won't hurt. Have fun with it. Do something wacky -- that may in fact help your cause unless you are unusually beautiful.

Contest deadline is Groundhog Day, 2007.

Prizes:
First - $25USD paid via PayPal (and your Picture posted for all of the Glassyeyes Universe to see for at least 30 days)
Second (this will be awarded if at least 25 people enter) - $15USD paid via PayPal (and your Picture posted for all of the Glassyeyes Universe to see for at least 30 days)
Third (this will be awarded if at least 50 people enter) - $10USD paid via PayPal (and your Picture posted... blah blah blah)

There will likely be miscellaneous sponsorship prizes if things come together the way I hope they will.

I'm not going to hand-hold anyone through screenshots and uploads and Flickr. I've done that with my mom, and my mother-in-law -- so I've done my time. Ask your nephew, I'm sure he knows how to do all of that "compooter stuff".

Like I said, there is no purchase necessary -- and the clock is ticking.

One last caveat; I reserve the right to lengthen the contest if things are going gangbusters.



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

4 comments:

At January 2, 2007 at 11:24 PM Unknown said...

Can I post real Photo? Or only 'virtual pics' from those programs?

 
At January 2, 2007 at 11:39 PM Ira said...

The Glassyeyes group at Flickr is open to all pictures -- virtual or otherwise.

 
At January 6, 2007 at 4:10 PM Vonster said...

OK, I finally took the dive and purchased a pair of glasses off the 39dollarglasses.com site. It had the best online experience from all the ones I looked at and provided nice straight on images I could use to comp up myself and then ask friends which frames I should get.

You can see that animated gif here:
http://www.floatingbanana.com/artbackwash/specs.gif

Thanks for posting this information. When I told my eye doctor I was buying online he tried to talk me out of it but couldn't give me a good reason why I shouldn't. It's all about the numbers so why pay huge mark up?

I saved about $300 compared to my last eyeglasses purchase. Giddyup!

 
At January 12, 2007 at 12:02 PM Anonymous said...

Hi Ira,

I went to Specs on the net and tried the software. It's great. I was able to try on the glasses you got, but I never got the option to buy them or put them in my basket. When I hit the basket button it brought up a box asking me for comments, which I gave. I have emailed them about the problem but so far I have not received an response. I posted my photos on Fliker today. I am looking for the same glasses you got, I think they would make good sunglasses. Thanks for all of your work here.
Darren

 

Post a Comment